Finding makeup tones and products that look good with white hair can initially seem challenging; however, it's all about undergoing trial and error until you find what works for you. The following makeup aesthetics wondrously clash or complement white hair to help you make a serious style statement, whatever the occasion.
Natural and Nude
This look is all about enhancing your natural complexion through nude shades to give you a dewy, goddess-like glow. The tones spectacularly contrast the harshness of brilliant white hair to provide you with a beautiful bronzed finish.
- Bronzer - Apply bronzer to the apples of your cheeks and blend outwards towards your temples.
- Metallic eyes - Apply a metallic eyeshadow cream to your eyelids in a shade lighter than your natural skin tone. Then use several coats of black mascara on your lashes to accentuate your eye area.
- Nude shimmer lipstick - Apply a shade with a hint of gold sheen to give you the perfect shimmery pout.
Ideal for fair or medium complexions, peach tones are great for warming up your skin to produce an authentically flushed look. They also add a stunning splash of color that allows your makeup to stand out against white hair.
- Blush - Apply a peachy pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend outwards toward your temples.
- Peach eyes - Apply a light base color across each eyelid, in the inner corners, and up towards your brow. Then use a soft orange as a contour hue in the crease and apply black mascara to your lashes for a subtle yet stylish look.
- Peach lip gloss - Draw attention to your lips with a popping peach gloss.
If you're searching for a bold makeup look that will contrast your white hair and dress up an outfit for a smart casual occasion, then consider using purple as your main color of choice. Plum is perfect for fair to medium skin tones, whereas violet will be vivacious on medium to dark complexions.
- Bronzer - Apply bronzer diagonally underneath each cheekbone to sculpt and define your facial shape.
- Highlighter - Dust some highlighting powder on your cheekbones, across your temples, and down the center of your nose to accentuate your features.
- Purple eyes - Apply a plum or violet eyeshadow in and just above your crease, as well as under your lower lashes. Take a gold or beige hue that complements the purple tone and apply it over each lid, in the inner corners, and across each brow bone. Proceed to apply black liquid eyeliner just above your upper lashes and then finish off your striking eyes with several coats of black, volumizing mascara.
- Purple lipstick - Apply a purple shimmery lipstick that matches your purple eyeshadow shade for an extra bit of sheen.
Pretty in Pink
For a more minimalistic yet super chic makeup aesthetic, try using pink tones that will complement your white hair. Baby pink and pastel shades are especially beautiful on fair to medium complexions; whereas, fuchsia has the wow factor against deeper skin tones.
- Blush - Apply a rosy pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend outwards towards your temples.
- Pink eyes - Sweep a light pink eyeshadow across your lid and use a darker shade as a contour color in the crease. Finish off this pretty, feminine aesthetic with a few coats of black mascara.
- Pink lipstick - Apply a rich pink lipstick to allow your lips to take center stage.
Finding What Suits
It's completely up to you whether you want to complement or contrast your white hair using makeup. Either way, experiment with different products, colorways, and techniques until you find options that make you look and feel good.