If you're seeking the best quotes for and about grandparents, you'll find plenty of heartwarming original sayings. From grandparents love quotes and funny sayings to poems about them, there are grandparent quotes for every occasion.
Funny Sayings About Grandparents
Are you looking for something funny to say to your grandparents? These original quotes will get you started.
- Grandparents always have their door open when you are in need of a hug.
- Appreciate your grandparents while they are around. Listen to their stories, cherish their love and spend time with them. It is as good for you as it is for them.
- Grandpa teaches you what Sunday is about - football and yelling at the TV.
- Learn about history firsthand; ask your grandparents.
- Grandparents are inventors of the saying, "When I was a kid... "
- Grandpa: The guy that always gives you the extra scoop of ice cream.
- Grandpas are just like dads, only they have no rules, and they always give you the best bedtime snacks.
- Grandpa's basement - you never know what you'll find there.
Sentimental Grandparent Sayings
Want to show your grandparents how much you care? A sentimental saying makes all the difference in helping your grandparents feel appreciated and loved.
- Grandparents remind you of the person you want to be.
- While you are in grandma's kitchen measuring flour and sugar, she is actually teaching you about love, life and family.
- Unconditional love + sugar + a dash of discipline = Grandma's house.
- Thank you to my grandparents for teaching me what it is like to have a warm, welcome home full of love, family, and attention. Thanks to my grandparents, I know what unconditional love happens to be.
- God gave us family to teach us about every type of love. Grandparents show us what unconditional, childlike love happens to be.
- Grandparents hold families together. Everyone can meet at grandpa's house!
- You know you are at grandma's house when you walk in and she has remembered your favorite meal, made your favorite pie, and bought you a whole stack of games to play. There is no home like grandma's house.
Unique Grandparents Quotes
For families with unique relationships with grandparents, traditional sayings may not fit your dynamic.
- Grandparents teach you the value of family dinners. Be on time or else you don't get served!
- When grandma passes you on the highway, just wave.
- If you want the dirt on your parents when they were kids, just ask your grandparents.
- When grandparents give you advice, you better listen.
- Tough love from your grandparents means you probably deserve it.
- At the family reunion this year, be sure to spend some time sitting next to grandma. She deserves it.
- Do you live near your grandparents? Stop by for no reason to make their day.
- No matter how many grandchildren a grandmother has, she always knows everyone's favorite type of cookies.
Short Quotes About Grandparents
Here are some quotes and phrases about grandparents that help demonstrate who grandparents are as people and family members:
- "Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories and love." - Author Unknown
- "Grandparents are the footsteps to the future generations." - Author Unknown
- "A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart." - Author Unknown
- "One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather." - Joy Hargrove
Grandparents Love Quotes
It's easy to love grandparents because of how much love they offer in return. Here are some original quotes about grandparents and love:
- Just as wisdom grows with age, so does a grandparent's love.
- Grandparents may not be there every day, but their love and influence are.
- You were dreamt of lovingly by your grandparents before you were ever born.
- No one will ever love you like your grandparent.
- Revel in your grandparents' love and cherish the time you have together.
- You're a part of your grandparents and they're a part of you - that kind of love is special.
Make Your Favorite Sayings Count
If you are moved by a particular quote, keep it close by for future reference. Parents and grandchildren can make any of the items below as gifts to express appreciation and gratitude. Alternatively, grandparents themselves can use these quotes as reminders of the important things in life. A few creative ways to use quotes:
- Create a quote book of your favorite sayings and quotes about being a grandparent and life in general.
- Print your quote on a T-shirt and wear it proudly on Grandparents Day. Check out the pre-made T-shirt from Zazzle.com that says "There's no place like home (except Grandma's)."
- Laminate quotes you like and display them on the refrigerator.
- Hang a quote on a bathroom mirror or display it in a frame near your nightstand.
- Create bookmarks out of quotes.
- Paint a quote or short saying in a frame near your front door.
- Put your favorite quote in the signature of any emails you send out.
Sometimes the best way to effectively describe grandparents is with poetry. A well-written poem can convey feelings that may be difficult to articulate otherwise. Family poems to a grandmother express love and admiration to the matriarch of the family. For special days, wedding day poems for grandparents or grandparents day poems help with the celebration, as do birthday poems for grandmothers. Or, write your own poem to add your unique sentiments.
Conveying Your Thoughts
When it comes to grandparents and grandchildren, every relationship is different. As you sift through your memories of your grandparents, what comes to mind? Is it something traditional like baking cookies or a different memory like getting rides to and from school? It is possible to customize a saying to your specific situation by changing just a few words. You can also try writing something. No matter what, your grandparents are sure to love it. After all, this is what they are there for, right?