It takes a good sense of humor and some funny quotes about turning 50 to properly mark a half-century birthday. Truly, the best way to age gracefully is to do it with a smile on your face, so find some 50 year old funny quotes that resonate with you, and celebrate your 50th birthday with a bang.
Funny Turning 50 Quotes
Here are a few quotes about turning 50 from some familiar people and unknown faces. Reading these quotes can make the transition to age 50 much easier. Imagine what kinds of funny quotes you might add to this list.
- On my 50th birthday my wife gave me a superb birthday present. She let me win an argument. - Unknown
- Nature gives you the face you have at 20; it is up to you to merit the face you have at 50. - Coco Chanel
- I'm aiming by the time I'm 50 to stop being an adolescent. - Wendy Cope
- Age 50! Now is the time to make your mark on the world-explore the Antarctic or become an astronaut. Make your mind up to take on exciting new challenges-straight after your afternoon nap. - Unknown
- 50 years: here's a time when you have to separate yourself from what other people expect of you, and do what you love. Because if you find yourself 50 years old and you aren't doing what you love, then what's the point? - Jim Carrey
- Happy 20th anniversary of your 30th Birthday! - Unknown
- By the time we hit 50, we have learned our hardest lessons. We have found out that only a few things are really important. We have learned to take life seriously, but never ourselves. - Marie Dressler
50th Birthday Celebrations Using Quotes
Some people turn 50 and they don't want a formal celebration, while others gear up for a big party. If you know someone who is turning 50 soon and who might enjoy a surprise party that incorporates birthday quotes, there's no better time. Here are some ideas for using funny sayings and jokes for turning 50:
- Teen theme: Have a sock hop, a junior high style boy/girl party, or a 50th prom birthday where everyone comes in elaborate formal wear. Make a yearbook style booklet with some funny quotes on turning 50.
- Antique party: Use antique decorations and old-fashioned fun. Frame some quotes and display them in antique frames or write quotes on a 50th birthday cake. Turn the party into an outside and kid-friendly event with potato sack races and bobbing for apples.
- Imitation is flattery: Encourage guests to come dressed or bring objects that emulate birthday guest. Guests could also wear their favorite age 50 hairstyle. Have everyone share their favorite amusing sayings of the birthday guest.
- This is your life party: use this theme to suggest guest come prepared with memories, rather than gifts, that they share with the group. Make t-shirts or give the birthday person a single shirt that everyone has signed. Include quotes about old age on the t-shirts or other accessories.
Congratulations on Making It This Far
A 50th birthday is a wonderful achievement and something to acknowledge. Whether you celebrate with friends or take it all in privately on a quiet day, find a way to make peace with yourself and this new decade. After all, if everything goes according to plan, one day you'll have an even bigger birthday to laugh about and celebrate (age 60!).