Estate and Financial Planning
Article Highlight: Understanding Living Will and Power of Attorney Documents
Making sure that your finances are in order is an important consideration at every stage of life, and the topic is one that people tend to become increasingly focused on as they age. Whether you are looking for information about setting up an estate plan, want to know more about how to properly plan for retirement, or need to create or update your will, you'll find useful information on the LoveToKnow Seniors channel.
- Retirement planning: Find out how to plan for retirement and discover fixed income investment options.
- Financial needs: Learn how to tell how much money is needed to retire, and plan based on how many years you have until your retirement.
- Social security: Learn about the social security retirement age requirements, and find out how to apply for benefits.
- IRA distributions: Educate yourself about IRA accounts and IRA required minimum distributions.
- Fixed-income living: Get tips to help adjust to living on a fixed income after retirement.
Estate Planning Matters
- Estate planning: Educate yourself about the basics of estate planning so you have an idea of what to expect.
- Living will: Learn what you need to know to protect your healthcare decision-making rights with a living will.
- Power of attorney: Find out what you need to know when making provisions for to set up power of attorney.
- Charitable contributions: Find out how to incorporate charitable contributions into your estate planning decisions.
- Will: Learn how to establish a last will and testament, as well as how to amend the document through a codicil.
Visit LoveToKnow Seniors often if you want to continue to educate yourself about the estate and financial planning concerns of seniors and their families. The site is updated frequently with new information on timely topics. There's an opportunity to learn something new every time you return!