Bingo game sets come in designs that are ideal for senior citizens with large print and easy to read cards. These senior bingo game sets have everything you need to hold this classic game in your home, senior center or other location. They are also great for gift giving and can provide hours of entertainment and fun. Learn where to find the perfect bingo set for a senior citizen in your life.
Large Print Bingo Sets
You can find a variety of bingo game sets done with a large print for seniors online at a variety of sites. When shopping for a set for seniors, look for cards done with a larger print and larger size so that it is easier to see the cards and numbers being called. Seniors will appreciate the ease of the larger print and can enjoy the classic game of bingo with their group of friends or family. You can often find bingo games sold as a set or separately where you can choose what components you need for the game. Some large print options include:
- Institutional Cage Set: This set is priced around $170 and contains easy to read bingo balls, a wire cage and 75 table tennis balls done with large black printed numbers. This set is available at Flaghouse and also contains a plastic master bingo board that features large letters and numbers.
- Bingo Made Easier:. This set is priced around $65 and is unique and perfect for seniors since it is magnetic. Nasco offers this set which includes easy to grip magnetic pieces and six magnetic trays to hold the cards. It also contains a dry erase master board, cleaning cloth and one marker.
Easy to Read Bingo Cards
For those looking for larger print cards, not sold in a set, there are several options to consider such as:
- Easy Read Bingo Card Set: This set, found at Flaghouse, is priced around $94 and contains 25 cards. These cards measure eight inches wide by nine inches high and features numbered shutters that measure a half inch high. These cards are extra thick making them easy to handle.
- Large Print Bingo Cards: These cards are priced around $8 and are ideal for those with not so perfect eyesight. Found at S&S Worldwide, these cards have extra large print and are done on 110 pound paper for added strength. The cards come in a set of 25 different cards.
- Jumbo Bingo Calling Cards: These cards found at S&S Worldwide come in a set of 75 and are priced around $8. These coated cards are easily read at 50 feet away making them ideal for seniors. They measure 5-3/4 inches high and 3-3/4 inches wide. The calling cards can be shuffled and used in place of traditional bingo balls and a cage.
- Pack of Large Print Bingo Cards are available from the Senior Store and are priced at $15. These cards come in a pack of 10 and measure seven inches high by seven inches wide. The numbers are printed with large, bold black print making them ideal for those with poor vision.
Bingo Sets for Those With Arthritis
Sometimes conditions such as arthritis make it hard to hold items such as cards or markers. Luckily, there are bingo sets designed for those with arthritis. Look for sets that contain slide or shutter cards which are done in a thicker stock and are easy to hold and use. Some sets to consider include:
- Bingo Party Set: This set, sold at US Bingo, is priced around $110. It contains vinyl coated cage, colored bingo balls, master board and 25 shutter cards. The shutter cards only require the numbers to be flipped and do not need to be marked. This makes it ideal for those with arthritis or other hand problems.
- Shutter Card Party Game Set: This set can be found at US-Bingo and is priced around $112. It contains 25 easy to handle shutter cards, a master board and numbered balls.
Separate Bingo Cards
You can also find thicker bingo cards sold as a pack, not as part of a bingo set.
- Extra Large Finger Tip Cards: These cards are sold at National Bingo Online and are priced at $89 for a pack of 25. They are easy to use and only require a flip of your finger to mark the numbers. They come in your choice of blue or green.
Markers and More
Remember that in order to play bingo, you will need some type of marker to mark the cards. Most party supply stores sell classic bingo markers that can mark each card using a colored ink. For those not wanting to use an ink-based marker, consider markers such as:
- Large Transparent Bingo Chips: Sold in sets of 250 chips and priced under $5, these markers come in a range of colors including orange, pink, purple, blue and green. They are done in a larger and easy for seniors to grip and place on their bingo cards.
- Large Bingo Chips: These chips pair perfectly with the cards and are priced around $10 for a set of 100. These chips are easy to hold and measure 1-1/2 inches. They come with a convenient container for quick clean up.
- Bingo Wand and Chips: This set contains magnetic bingo chips and a wand that can be used to clear the cards. This set comes in colors such as pink, orange and blue and is a great addition to any bingo set.
Fun for All Ages
Bingo is a fun activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Whether you are looking for a set to give to a club of seniors, a group at a nursing home or for the senior citizens in your life, you can find items that will make it easier for seniors to play the classic game of bingo.