When it comes to seniors, there are many wonderful short sayings about grandparents that show them how much they are loved.
What it's Like to Be a Grandparent
Being a grandparent is a special role since you get to be the playmate and advocate of your grandchildren without having to do all the hard work. After a lifetime of raising children, it's your time to relax and be a loving example to younger generations, while also having the time to explore new and wonderful things during retired life. Many people look up to their grandparents and seek them for wisdom and counsel. One of the recurring messages in short sayings about grandparents that grandparents are generous to others.
Short Sayings about Grandparents
Here are some quotes and phrases about grandparents that help demonstrate who grandparents are as people and family members:
- "Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories and love." -Author Unknown
- "Grandparents are the footsteps to the future generations" -Author Unknown
- "A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart." -Author Unknown
- "One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather." -Joy Hargrove
Finding More Sayings About Grandparents
There are many websites with sayings and quotes about grandparents. Here are some to check out:
- Scrapbook Sayings for Grandparents
- Grandparents Sayings
- Great Inspirational Quotes about grandparents
- More Grandmother Quotes
- Grandfather Quotes
- The 50 Best Grandparenting Quotes
- The Top 30 Grandparent Quotes
- Great Inspirational Quotes
- Quotations About Grandparents
- Poems and Quotes for Grandparents
- Grandparents Quotes
Special Occasion Grandparent Quotes
Make Your Favorite Sayings Count
If you are moved by a particular quote, keep it close by for future reference. Parents and grandchildren can make any of the items below and give them to a favorite grandparent to express their appreciation and gratituted; alternatively, grandparents themselves can use these quotes to remind themselves of the important things in life. A few creative ways to use quotes:
- Create a quote book of your favorite sayings and quotes about being a grandparent and life in general
- Print your quote on a t-shirt and wear it proudly on Grandparents' Day or any time. Check out the pre-made t-shirt from Zazzle.com that says "There's no place like home (except Grandma's)."
- Laminate quotes you like and display them on the refrigerator
- Hang a quote on a bathroom mirror or display it in a frame near your nightstand
- Create bookmarks out of quotes
- Paint a quote or short saying in a frame near your front door
- Put your favorite quote in the signature of any emails you send out
What Do Your Own Grandparents Say?
Collecting sayings and stories from your own grandparents is another great way to keep memories alive. You can sit down and record a formal interview'with one of your grandparents, or just keep a notepad close by to catch any great sayings. Quotes from older and wiser family members can really make an impact on younger generations.
A Theme for the Golden Years
If a saying about grandparents catches your fancy, decide to make it your theme and strive to live by it during your golden years. In this way, you'll have more direction, a sense of fun about your life, and a way for younger generations to always remember you.