Senior citizen assistance in Orange County, California, is plentiful. You'll find help with transportation, estate planning, insurance information, computer skills, social outings and more.
Senior Citizen Assistance in Orange County California
You won't have to go far to get the help you need in the Orange County area. This location provides its senior citizens with a wealth of information and support no matter what you need or want in terms of services.
If you're interested in learning about long-term care insurance, savings, taxes and all other topics on financial planning, you'll find the "It's Your Money" class helpful at the following locations:
- Mission Viejo Senior Center
- Newport Beach Library
- Laguna Hills Senior Center
- Huntington Beach
- Adult Day Services of Orange County Building
- Fullerton Senior Center
- Laguna Niguel Senior Center
- Leisure World at Seal Beach
You can also find tax help, finance assistance and counseling for Medicare and legal aid by contacted the South Orange County Seniors network.
Find legal aid through the Legal Aid Society of Orange County. They have a Senior Citizens Legal Advocacy Program that offers free legal services to residents 60 years of age and older.
To stay connected to your friends and family by way of computer, it may be helpful to attend some computer classes. You'll learn more about the Internet and how to navigate your computer programs.
- Contact the Huntington Beach Senior Center for information on their computer classes' times and days.
- The South Orange County Seniors network also has adult education classes.
Social and Fun Activities
It's important to remain active as a senior citizen, so why not take dancing lessons or join a group that goes on excursions?
- Contact the Rodgers Seniors Center in Huntington Beach for information on its western line dancing, country-western dancing, tap dancing and many more activities.
- Join South Orange County Seniors for daily luncheons and support groups.
- Find out what the Westminster Senior Citizens Multi-purpose Center has available by calling 714-895-2878.
Staying Fit and Healthy
Keeping your health in check is important. The following are some places you can exercise and monitor your health:
- Cerritos Senior Center (exercise area and routine health screenings)
- South Orange County Seniors has nutrition counseling, fall prevention education, wellness programs and health screenings.
- Call the Orange County Nutrition Program at 714-895-2878.
- If you're unable to make healthy meals at home, you can arrange for Meals-on-Wheels. This program will bring hot meals to your on scheduled days. To find a program close to your home, search the Meal Call.org website.
A pet is an important part of your family. If you find yourself struggling financially and wonder how you will pay for veterinarian costs, contact the Animal Assistance League of Orange County at 714-893-4393.
Locating Additional Services and Programs
The Office on Aging has information on many services and programs available to senior citizens such as:
- Adult day care
- Bereavement or burial assistance
- Case management
- Dementia support
- Disability support
- Emergency hotlines
- Financial assistance
- Housing or shelter
- In-home services
- Legal help
- Insurance information
- Social activities
- Veteran's services
To contact the Office on Aging, call 800-510-2020. You can also find services and programs by searching their website.
Finding the Help You Need
If you don't have any luck finding the senior citizen assistance in Orange County, California, that you need, talk to as many people as possible. Call or visit senior centers to ask them for information. Your physician is another good person to ask. Don't be shy when it comes to finding the assistance you need - the more you ask, the more you'll know!