There are several fashion tips for retirees who want to look stylish yet stay comfortable at the same time.
Fashion Choices for Your New Life
Just because you are retired doesn't mean you are no longer interested in looking your best. If your focus has shifted from working in a professional setting to staying at home, you may not have as great a need for suits and dresses on a daily basis. There are other fashions to wear when lounging at home or running errands for the day that can look stylish and put together that have comfort in mind.
When going out to dinner with friends, wear something dressier for a more sophisticated feel. Since you may no longer have to commit to dressing a certain way for work, have fun and express yourself through your clothing.
Fashion Tips for Retirees
There are several fashion tips for retirees to keep in mind to look and feel their best. Being retired is the next stage of life where comfort and relaxing become top priority. Just because you are no longer committed to the workplace doesn't mean you can neglect fashion altogether. Instead, select clothes that make you look and feel good.
Some tips to consider are:
- Build a basic wardrobe consisting of pieces that match your personal taste and style.
- Add a few trendy pieces each season to breathe new life into your existing wardrobe.
- Have a wide range of styles on hand for whatever occasion may call. This means have anything from a dress to a jogging suit in your closet.
- Don't dress too young. This will only make you look older. A mature woman shouldn't be running around town in a short skirt and tight top. Wear age-appropriate clothes that make you feel confident and flatter your particular body shape.
- When selecting dresses or skirts, ones that reach at or below the knee look best for mature women.
- Don't be afraid of prints. Choose something fun that matches your personality.
- Fabrics made with stretch can be comfortable and look stylish. Choose something with Lycra in it and enjoy the comfort it offers.
It is not necessary to let your age dictate how you dress. There are many clothes that are appropriate for all ages. It is always best to choose clothes that work best for you. Trends are not always flattering for everyone. Choose items that you like and feel good in.
Read this interview with [[Senior Fashion Tips: Brenda Kinsel Interview |senoir image consultant Brenda Kinsel]] for more fashion tips for retirees.
Clothes That Travel
Many people increase their travel when retired. Maybe you have decided to visit the many places you never had a chance to get to when you were working. If this is the case, it is important to have some clothing items on hand that travel well and do not require much maintenance. Who wants to carry an iron with them on vacation?
- Choose fabrics that are wrinkle resistant and can be packed in a bag and taken out to wear.
- Choose a basic pair of pants that can be worn with different tops.
- A warm sweater is a must. A comfortable cardigan can be worn on a plane and tucked into a bag and brought to a restaurant in case you get chilled.
By keeping a few versatile items in your closet, you can pull them out and pack them without hassel. Traveling is one the perks of being retired.
By keeping these few simple fashion tips for retirees in mind you'll look great and feel fabulous as well. Remember to wear what best reflects your individuality and flatters your specific body type.